York AirSill™ aluminum flashing receivers provide an alternative to traditional installation methods for flashing attachment at wall openings. Typically flashing is secured with mechanical fasteners such as nails or screws to the return surfaces of the rough opening framing. Fenestration assemblies (e.g., windows, doors, storefront, window wall, curtain wall glazing, louvers, etc.) typically conceal the return surfaces of the rough opening framing once installed, prohibiting access to the mechanical fasteners and the flashing mounting surface. The flashing is installed before installing the fenestration assembly, which has an impact on construction sequencing, trade coordination, and schedule. Note that replacing flashing would require the fenestration assembly to be removed. Many times the flashing at wall openings is included in the cladding subcontractor scope of services, which tends to force the cladding to be installed before fenestration assemblies, delaying “dry-in” of the building enclosure and interior finish work. Further, the typical traditional method of flashing interrupts critical fenestration seals with the building’s air barrier, allowing a potential path for air leakage and water penetration into the building.
- Tech Data
- 3 Part Specs
- Submittal Form
- Sub Request
- Sample Request
- Provides method of attaching fenestration perimeter flashing (e.g. sill, jamb, and head) without interrupting critical fenestration perimeter seals to the air barrier.
- Two piece system consisting of a receiver and a clip
1. Install receiver to the backer wall
2. Install brake metal flashing in to the receiver
3. Install clip into the receiver, which holds flashing in place
- Allows damaged flashing to be removed without interfering with the fenestration assembly.
- Easily integrated with the air barrier assembly and is ideal for fenestration collar flashing applications.
- Eliminates need for difficult collar flashing brake metal corner splices.
- Compatible with:
• Roofing membranes
• Waterproofing membranes
• Weather resistive barriers and air barriers
• Construction sealants
• Spray polyurethane foam
• Cavity wall insulations
• York Flashing products
Uses / Benefits
- Provides alternative method for attaching flashing that does not interrupt critical seals to the air barrier
- Eliminates need for fasteners into sill condition where more prone to water penetration
- Flashing secured to vertical wall (vs. opening) so that fenestration can be installed before or after exterior cladding
- Creates flexibility in construction sequencing
- Installation method allows for quicker “dry-in” of building enclosure. Interior materials can be installed simultaneous with exterior cladding
- Removable flashing installation method
Available in Sizes5' and 10' Lengths
Custom Lengths available upon request.